This class is an introduction to software testing. Everything from unit testing, integration testing, functional testing and data base management will be covered. With more than 50% hands on training, our workshop will jump-start your learning experience so you can pick up the concepts faster.
In most larger organizations, the role of the developer is relegated to that of just typing the code. It’s time to take back design, practices, and most importantly; quality! In this talk we’ll focus on the basics of getting back into valuing quality software and getting it deployed faster.
Symptoms of Low TDD
Your dev team is overworked
Deployments are rare
Hiding the morning after a deploy
Weekends look like weekdays
Can’t explain the value and cost to create unit tests
Your only testing is unit tests
Unsure about who ensures quality
- The differences between Unit, Integration, and End-to-End testing and who creates them.
- The real benefit to automation (CI/CD)
- Why a development team should understand testing and software development fundamentals
- Layers of testing
- Testing isn’t optional
- Developer roles in testing
- Hire the right developers
- How to cultivate a culture of quality software development
- Sell this to your upper management