This two-day course will provide you with a understanding of Lean-Agile principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®). During this class, you will gain the knowledge necessary to help lead your organization through an enterprise agile transformation leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework. You’ll learn how to establish an Agile Portfolio, prepare and conduct Agile Release Train increment planning sessions, and how to execute the delivery of value predictably and reliably. You will leave with an understanding of how the principles and practices of the framework support Lean Thinking, Agile Development, SAFe ScrumXP, Agile Release Train, Agile Portfolio Management, Agile Architecture, and Scaling Leadership. If you plan on taking the exam, please take a moment to check out the SA pre-requisites and benefits of the SAFe® Certification Kit
John has been an active member of the Agile community since 2003 and is the founder of Sketch Development Services. He is an experienced consultant, trainer and practitioner, bringing decades of real-world experience to the classroom. John has also been recognized as a highly sought-after speaker at Agile and technology conferences worldwide.
Ian has been building software using agile practices for 12 years. With Ian’s strong background in software engineering, and passion for helping companies succeed in Agile transformation, he’s a natural Agile Coach. His passion is helping teams create software that resonates with customers, by understanding and responding to the market. Ian also volunteers for Agile Midwest, Inc as a Marketing Lead.
- Intro to SAFe Introduction to the Scaled Agile Framework
- Lean Thinking An overview of Lean Software Development and Product Development Flow
- Agile Development Application of Agile development in the enterprise context. Business Benefits.
- SAFe ScrumXP An experiential walk-through of “SAFe ScrumXP”, focusing on scalable technical, project management and economic prioritization practices that enable scaling to the program and portfolio level
- Agile Release Train Identification, implementation and execution of Agile Release Trains – long-lived programs whereby teams-of-agile-teams optimize quality and velocity delivery for the enterprises larger value streams
- Agile Portfolio Management Agile transformational patterns for Strategy and Investment Funding, Program Management, and Governance
- Agile Architecture Principles of Agile Architecture, role of System and Enterprise Architects, and Architecting with Flow
- Scaling Leadership Scaling Enterprise Lean|Agile leadership
- Apply lean, agile and product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality
- Apply the Scaled Agile Framework based on lecture, real-world examples, and insights by Scaled Agile experts
- Understand the skills necessary for an enterprise transformation based on the information and examples presented, and additional recommended readings and resources
- Gain the insights into the leadership skill most effective in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers, and begin applying them in your context
- Attendee Workbooks
- Eligibility to take the SAFe Agilist Exam
- One-year membership to Scaled Agile
- SAFe Agilist (SA) attendance certification upon request