Two Classes in One!
Join us for one or two action packed days of interactive learning. On day one, we’ll learn how to facilitate a number of team based games that foster collaboration with Innovation Games for Agile Teams. On day two, we’ll learn how to create our own games with Game Design Master Class. As an attendee, you will be granted 60 Training Credits towards your Certified Collaboration Architect (CCA) status for each course you attend! So if you join us for both days, you’ll receive 120 Training credits!
Class 1: Innovation Games® for Agile Teams
One of four core values of the Agile Manifesto is Customer collaboration over contract negotiation. At Conteneo, we like to short this just a bit and focus on collaboration: within a team, between teams, with customers, and with stakeholders. The most popular Agile method is Scrum – and Scrum is built on effective collaboration!
Effective collaboration is powered by goal-driven frameworks, with clearly understood roles, interaction models and an understanding of what the group is going to do with the results.
In this powerful one day, learning-by-doing certification workshop you will learn several essential frameworks to improve your Agile projects. Special emphasis will be placed on scaling collaboration to meet the needs of multiple Scrum teams and distributed Scrum teams.
- Identify customer requirements and develop a product vision through Product Box
- Develop better roadmaps with Prune the Future online
- Prioritize a backlog through Buy a Feature online
- Plan a successful project through Remember the Future
- Improve retrospectives with Speed Boat online
We will also use 20/20 Vision to include one bonus framework that addresses a problem chosen by the class. In the process, you get two additional frameworks! Here are some topics that prior classes have chosen:
- Understand product / service ecosystems through Spider Web
- Understand product / service usage through Start Your Day
- Improve distributed release planning with Mitch Lacey’s online Planning Wall
- Identifying and prioritizing technical debt through a game cocktail featuring Speed Boat and Buy a Feature
- … or some other topic that you want to explore!
Attendees will receive course slides and a collaboration framework reference guide outlining each collaboration framework practiced or discussed during the class.
Attendees will receive a 1 year Professional License to the Conteneo Weave platform where many of the in-person frameworks can also be used online with larger and/or distributed teams.
Throughout the class we will emphasize the value of using both in-person and online frameworks to generate amazing Agile results.
Class 2: Game Design Master Class
We’ve all been surprised when we learn that an unusual spice is the “secret ingredient” in a favored dish. And some of us wonder what might happen if we started to experiment with that spice – what might happen if we started to redesign existing recipes and design new dishes.Our Game Design Master Class teaches the “secret ingredients” of serious, collaborative game design through hands-on use of the Collaborative Game Design Canvas™, a structured canvas that enables you to deconstruct existing games, extend them, and create new games.
After taking this class you will be able to create online and in-person collaboration frameworks to tackle complex business problems in strategy, competitive positioning, marketing and product development.
The one-day class is fast-paced and team-oriented. After instruction in game theory and design strategy, participants will theory into practice, first using the Collaborative Game Design Canvas™ to analyze an existing game and then using it to design their own games. Wear comfortable clothing, because you’re going to be working in small teams!
- Game theory – What “Is” a Game, after all?
- Structure / Components of Serious/ Collaborative Games
- The Collaborative Game Design Canvas™, a powerful new canvas for designing games.
- Design strategies and proven processes for game adaptation and creation.
- How to determine game mode (online, in-person, hybrid).
- Online & in-person facilitation strategies.
- All members of Agile teams with a focus on product planning, product development and product management.
- Anyone who wishes to create more innovative product and service offerings.
- Anyone who has taken Innovation Games for Customer Understanding or Innovation Games or Agile Teams who would like to design their own collaboration frameworks.
Prerequisites & Materials
Although not strictly required, it is helpful if participants read the book Innovation Games®: Creating Breakthrough Products Through Collaborative Play before the course.
Course slides and a cornucopia that will stimulate your thinking and help you apply the materials.