“You are using industry leading tools that can be used and are adaptable to all sizes of companies and teams.”
“You should attend this bootcamp if you want to learn how to build a legit beginning to end DevOps pipeline! While not specifically a Docker or K8S class it armed me with the knowledge and comfort to start experimenting with Docker builds and K8S deployments upon returning to the office.”
Tim T. – Edward Jones
“I liked that not everyone knew the answer and it took collaboration and discussion to solve the problems and/or facilitate discussion. I also like that it wasn’t pushing a specific tool or concept because you have some binding agreement with a vendor.”
Nic L. – U.S. Bank
The Sketch DevOps Bootcamp is a 3-day immersive learning event that introduces the core concepts of the DevOps movement. Participants will gain a hands-on understanding of the capabilities required to continuously deliver resilient and secure applications in an agile environment.
Who is this event for?
The Sketch DevOps Bootcamp is for software developers who want to learn modern practices for developing, testing, and releasing software in production.
What will you get from this event?
Unlike traditional classroom environments that simply explain concepts, the DevOps Bootcamp was designed to maximize hands-on-keyboard time.
Attendees will have an opportunity to build a feature, build and execute automated resilience checks on the software, execute an automated deployment of the software.
We will also explore and utilize containerization to show how developers can experiment with new technologies, deploy faster with less variability, and leverage modern deployment techniques that provide zero-downtime allowing mid-day deployments!
Topics We Will Cover
- DevOps history: Lean and Agile underpinnings
- Technical implications of the self-organized team
- WIP limits and small batch sizes
- Proper usage of version control and the artifacts under control
- Branching and merging strategies
- Continuous integration and build automation
- Test automation
- Continuous delivery
- Containerizing delivery
- Scaling containerized delivery
- Delivering secure solutions
- Proactive monitoring of system health
- Experimenting through delivery and toggling features
- Leadership challenges that DevOps creates
What techniques will be covered?
- Making security a day-to-day activity
- Trunk-based branching
- Automated Unit and Integration Testing
- Continuous Integration
- Deployments: Rolling and Blue/Green
- Canary Releasing with Feature Toggles
- Continuous Delivery
- Infrastructure as Code
- Managing database changes
What tools will we use?
- Git for Source Control
- Unleash Feature-Toggler